A Hong Kong company would like to set up a representative office in Thailand. The Hong Kong company would usually require a Notary Public in Hong Kong to notarize a Power of Attorney and the passport of the director or representative of the Hong Kong company.
The Power of Attorney is for the Hong Kong company to authorize a Thai citizen to apply for permissions or licences from the Thai government authorities for setting up the representative office and for execution of documents for the Labour Department or Ministry of Commerce in Thailand, etc.
Documents which need to be provided to the Hong Kong notary public before making an appointment for notarization :
1) The Power of Attorney (in English or in English and Thai) to be notarized
2) Latest Annual Return of the Hong Kong company
3) Register of directors of the Hong Kong company
4) Board resolution of the Hong Kong company to approve the Power of Attorney and to authorize the director to execute the Power of Attorney on behalf of the company
5) Passport of the director or representative of the Hong Kong company
For Hong Kong Solicitor, Notary Public & China Certification or Attestation services, please contact Chow & Cheung, Hong Kong Solicitors, Notary Public & China Appointed Attesting Officers.
Tel: + 852 2856 3799 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above contents do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create and receipt does not constitute a lawyer-client relationship between Chow & Cheung and the user or browser and/or any third party. Chow & Cheung is not responsible for any third party content which can be accessed through the website.