When a foreigner is residing outside Japan and would like to buy property in Japan, the foreigner would need to sign an Affidavit in the presence of Notary Public to prove her current address.
The information that the buyer has to affirm in the Affidavit includes:
1) Passport no. or other identification document information
2) Date of birth
4) Current residential and postal address
5) Email address
6) Signature specimen
Things that the buyer will need to bring to the Notary Public Services Appointment:
1) The completed Affidavit to be signed by you in person before Notary Public (please do not sign it before the appointment)
2) Original of your valid passport / HKID
3) Copy of your address proof (e.g utility bill of recent 3 months)
For Hong Kong Notary Public & China Attesting services, please contact Chow & Cheung, Hong Kong Solicitors, Notary Public & China Appointed Attesting Officers.
Tel: + 852 2856 3799 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above contents do not constitute legal advice and it should not be regarded as a substitute for detailed advice in individual cases. Transmission of this information is not intended to create and receipt does not constitute a lawyer-client relationship between Chow & Cheung and the user or browser. Chow & Cheung is not responsible for any third party content which can be accessed through the website.